About

‘Ariyike’ in the Yoruba’ culture of Nigeria’ means – See me and Care for me. This is a Travel and Tour initiative that brings the best of Conservation Centres in Nigeria to the rest of the World and vice versa infused with the Culture – food, art, music, stories, traditional and cultural places and experiences and the history of the peoples.

Ariyike Tour was inspired by the 1st Sea Turtle Rescued (See Featured Image) by our Founder, Felix Olusola Abayomi, as he set out on to answer the call of the Wild in Wildlife Conservation and building a Wildlife Friendly Generation.

Ariyike Tours aim to build #WildlifeFriendly humanity and cultural interactions while showcasing our natural resources and biodiversity both here in Nigeria and in the United States. 80% of the tour costs support Wildlife of Africa Conservation Initiative’s work to protect Sea Turtles of Lagos and Clean Lagos Lagoon Initiative of the Lagos Lagoon Waterkeeper. The remaining 20% goes into the operational cost of running Ariyike Tours.

 AttractionsWalking the Beaches and Local Communities where our partner organization and their Local and International Partners work, Monitoring Sea Turtles and Pollution Activities, Sea Turtle Watching, Cultural and Historical Places, Movies, Shopping, Nightlife, Partying etc.

Offering

Ariyike Tours, together with its partner Organizations; Wildlife of Africa Conservation Initiative and its Lagos Lagoon Waterkeeper invite you to get out of your comfort zones, homes, offices, school rooms, and marketplaces — to enjoy the clean, calm water, pristine beaches, superlative food, culture and stunning cultural and historical places in and around Lagos Lagoon. In the local language of the Yoruba people, the word ‘Ariyike’ means ‘See me and Care for me’. We invite you to join our ‘Ariyike Tours’ – where we will see you and care for you.

In Nigeria…

Through Ariyike Tours, our guests get to appreciate the breathtaking coastal ecosystem of the Lagos Lagoon, it’s wild and natural flora and fauna – including endangered sea turtles (Leatherbacks, Olive Ridleys and Green Turtles), and the pristine natural forests that still remain. Our Guests would learn about the local people, their food and their culture while participating in our conservation, monitoring, education and actions for #CleanLagosLagoon and #ProjectAriyike Sea Turtle Protection.

In the United States of America…

We Would take you through the amazing journey our Founder and CEO, Felix Olusola Abayomi Went through in the 1st Ariyike Tour. This will include:

  1. New York, (New York Aquarium, Central Park Zoo, Bronx Zoo, Riverhead Foundation Sea Turtle Hospital, Fireshore Island National Park),
  2. Philadelphia Zoo Florida (Wakiwa springs where they do Turtle Sampling, Dr Peter Pritchard’s Chelonia Institute),
  3. Georgia (Georgia Sea Turtle Centre, Jekyll’s Island, Charlie Elliot Wildlife Centre, Rum park Wildlife Resource Centre, Piedmont Park, Atlanta Zoo, Atlanta Aquarium), and
  4. South Carolina (South Carolina Sea turtle hospital and the Aquarium)
  5. and more….

Packages

Package 1 – 4-Day Tour

Walking the Beaches and Local Communities
Sea Turtle Watching
Cultural Places
Movies, Shopping and Nightlife

Package 2 – 6-Day Tour

Walking the Beaches and Local Communities
Monitoring Sea Turtles and pollution activities
Sea Turtle Watching
Cultural Places
Historical Places
Movies, Shopping and Nightlife

Package 3 – 10-Day Tour

Walking the Beaches and Local Communities
Monitoring Sea Turtles and Pollution Activities
Sea Turtle Watching
Cultural Places
Historical Places
Movies, Shopping and  Nightlife
Visitation to a National Park

Blog

Hello World!

Welcome to Ariyike Tours. Let us share your Stories here for others to get inspired to go see the world and by so doing contributing to conservation while bridging cultural divides and sustainable livelihoods of local community members.